Elizabeth is the award-winning author of nine novels for children and young adults.
Titles include: Helicopter Man, The Invisible Hero, Matty Forever and My Dog Doesn’t Like Me. As a writer and one-time teacher, Elizabeth has presented to adults and children at writers festivals and other events in Australia and internationally.
Workshops and talks:
Target audiences: school groups (Primary and Secondary); writers groups; book clubs; librarians; Probus and other organisations
Writing workshops cover:
- Getting ideas
- Poetry writing
- Key elements of good prose writing
- Using models to write creatively
- Key areas for Language, Literature and Literacy – Australian National Curriculum
- Essay writing
Topics for talks:
- A writer’s Journey – from six-year-old nobody to getting published
- The stories behind stories
- Australian National Curriculum: Values Education
- Mental health.